• Assist in conducting operational feedback, analysis, and technical/operational evaluation of existing and emerging data link concepts, airborne networking and gateway capabilities, to identify and quantify their applicability to the transformation process supporting the Joint Aerial Layer Network (JALN).
• Support the assessment of airborne networking innovative solutions; gather operator feedback from innovative solutions and translate that feedback into technical requirements for innovation centers to implement; and determine the technical feasibility of maturing those concepts through a agile (spiral) development process.
• Plan and implement provisioning of GCIC innovation and experimentation for airborne network communication initiatives, coordinate events within those initiatives, design and implement small scale conceptual experiments, and effectively assign and manage workload support for airborne network communication initiatives within the scope of Joint Expeditionary Force Experiment (JEFX) Experimentation.
• Ensure initiatives are included at major JEFX events at classifications from TS/SCI to Secret and are effectively hosted, staffed, and executed.
Requirements / Skills:
• Knowledgeable of operational and developmental multi-TDL Architecture and multi-TDL Network(s). These TDN concepts shall include message implementation & translation, track management, correlation, fusion, smart forwarding, and transporting data to/from the tactical edge.
• Strong understanding of the aerial layer tactical data communications requirements for Air Force missions (e.g., CAS, CSAR, Special Operations, Deep Strike, Global Reach) in the context of the expected JALN infrastructure and provide technical & operational knowledge of TDL architectures, concepts, and activities addressing air and ground TDL employment encompassing all theater operations.
• Possess a working knowledge of the Joint Multi-Tactical Datalink Network (MTN) to include participating nodes and the data flowing therein.
• Capable of providing expertise in production of the Joint Data Network (JDN) and the Common Tactical Picture (CTP), which enhances the Joint Force Commander’s (JFC) ability to wage war.
Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Desired / Security:
Current Top Secret; SCI eligible.