|NSCI supports a range of customers. The below table illustrates a few of our recent clients and associated support activities.
- Perform operational and technical analysis of future concepts, emerging technologies, and experimentation to support capability
integration across USCYBERCOM and several Joint Functional Component Commands (JFCCs) including:
- JFCC-Global Strike (JFCC-GS)
- JFCC-Space (JFCC-S)
- JFCC-Integrated Missile Defense (JFCC-IMD)
- Collaborate and coordinate with USJFCOM, Headquarters, Air Combat Command, and the Air Force Command and Control
Integration Center (C2IC).
- Provided cyber subject matter expertise in coordinating with USJFCOM regarding cyberspace Limited Objective Experiments.
- Assisted in authoring a report that captured efforts from a cyberspace manning IPT and related Limited Objective Experiments.
The report documented "as-is" manpower information as provided by all stakeholders, future objective end states for
cyber manpower as developed during LOEs, and COAs from Services to move from current to future end states. Findings and
recommendations from this IPT were accepted by the Joint Requirements Oversight Council as the new standardized baseline for
cyberspace manning and professional qualifications.
- Visited numerous cyber operations centers to assess Computer Network Defense capabilities and shortfalls.
- Assisted in developing and executing USSTRATCOM Cyber Analysis Campaign Plan to identify DoD cyber-related training, technology,
and process capability gaps and priorities.
Joint Functional Component Commander - Global Strike (JFCC GS)
- Support Command, Control, Communications and Computers (C4), Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) Studies
- Perform liaison function with external organizations to establish a collaborative relationship in developing Concept of Operations
and automated exchange mission information
- Evaluate new, emerging, and innovative C4ISR capabilities, concepts, technologies, and systems
- Provide recommendations on the impacts of C4ISR capability integration and/or implementing innovative emerging technologies
- Assess mission capabilities and identify gaps between current and future needs
- Provide recommendations regarding C4ISR capability integration and/or implementing innovative emerging technologies
- Analyze, assess, and provide recommendations to accomplish C4ISR-related capability integration, innovation, experimentation, and transformation
- Collaborate and coordinate with other Combatant Commands including USSOCOM, USPACOM, USSOUTHCOM, USEUCOM, USNORTHCOM, and USJFCOM
- Provide operational and technical expertise in analyzing Lessons Learned
- Support identification of people, process, and/or technology improvements to address Lessons Learned
- Interface with external organizations including military, industry, and academia
- Provide Joint Lessons Learned Information System (JLLIS) support to include account set-up and maintenance, entry of lessons
into database, and awareness training
- Support Lessons Learned collection activities to include conducting interviews and participating in exercises
- Draft, review, edit and coordinate After Action Reports
- Align exercise objectives and Lessons Learned with Air Force Task List (AFTL) and Universal Joint Task List (UJTL)
AFRL Human Effectiveness (AFRL/RH) and Information (AFRL/RI) Directorates
- Analyze collaborative environment requirements and facilitate efforts to identify opportunities to improve USSTRATCOM C2 processes,
capabilities, and/or tools
- Collaborate and facilitate AFRL/RH/RI and USSTRATCOM Information Technology design requirements
- Identify concepts and demonstration opportunities related to improving Time Sensitive Planning (TSP) work environments and
integration of Space information with Global Strike Operations
- Support identification of C4ISR research, development, and integration opportunities and investment
- Provide operational subject matter expertise in assisting with concepts of operations development and technology transition
- Perform liaison function between DARPA and COCOMs, ensuring warfighting requirements are fully understood by developers
- Current initiatives include the Personalized Assistant that Learns"(PAL) and Integrated Crisis Early Warning System (ICEWS)